When people search for the perfect hot tub for their backyard they consider the number of jets, the comfort of the lounge seats and the effectiveness of the foot massager. They think of size and colour. They check whether the spa comes with a built-in stereo system, has wifi and/or comes with steps and a handrail. They think about water toys and games, ease of maintenance and whether they can use spa aromatherapy products. Most folks fail to consider the cost of operating a hot tub. An energy-efficient hot tub is a must!
When it comes to energy-efficient hot tubs, you can’t go wrong with a spa from American Whirlpool, Vita Spas or Maax Spas. They use intensive research and development to bring their customers energy-efficient products. They pay careful attention to detail and are dedicated to creating the best possible spa. Their hot tubs have steel frame construction, a molded pan on the bottom, a northern exposure insulation system (with a unique 3-layer thermal structure), a convection barrier and a lifetime guarantee against cracking, shifting and mould. The following are ways that these spas set themselves apart regarding energy efficiency:
- Three-layer Northern Exposure insulation system ensures energy created by the spa stays in the spa.
- Thermo lock: Built like a thermal pane window, American Whirlpool, Vita Spas and Maax Spas trap air for heat insulation. The sides and floor of the spa are lined with reflective material to create an infrared thermal barrier for fast, efficient heat and reduction of energy use. Radiant heat energy from the pumps and equipment reflects back to the hot tub and is absorbed by the plumbing, maintaining water temperature and improving heat efficiency.
- BLUEMAAX™: American Whirlpool, Vita Spas and Maax Spas feature eco-friendly BlueMAAX® insulation. Made from recycled natural fibre, this insulation contains no chemical irritants and is treated to prevent mould and mildew growth as well as pest infestation. It’s also fire retardant and highly energy efficient.
- 3M Thinsulate™: In addition, the entire spa exterior (just inside the cabinetry) is wrapped in industry-leading 3M Thinsulate, the same incredible material you’ll find in quality winter wear like jackets and gloves.
- Lifetime insulation Warranty: The insulation system in every American Whirlpool, Vita Spa and Maax Spa is warrantied to maintain the same insulation value it had at the time it was manufactured, for the life of your ownership. The high R value, and Appliance Grade™ construction allows a technician to service the entire hot tub and bring it back to factory specifications at your location.
American Whirlpool, Vita Spas and Maax Spas have been creating industry-leading spas and swim spas for more than 40 years. Their development teams have pioneered a number of innovations that lead the industry in build quality, performance, comfort and energy efficiency. Their commitment to quality and innovation keep them at the top of the industry, with untold thousands of happy and relaxed customers nationwide.
Looking for an energy efficient hot tub to reduce your heating costs? Contact Calgary-based RnR hot tubs and spas. We carry a full line of hot tubs and accessories. Call (403) 203-0860 or fill out the contact request. RnR provides comprehensive service, expert knowledge, a wealth of field experience and the best products in the industry to help you maintain your hot tub/swim spa for years of enjoyment. RnR is Alberta’s premier hot tub/swim spa store specializing in high-quality, energy-efficient spas from American Whirlpool, Vita Spas and MAAX Spas.