Owning a hot tub is a luxurious experience; soaking in tranquil waters and receiving a soothing massage any time you wish! A spa can relax muscles, improve sleep, relieve aches and pains, reduce stress and improve health. But what if you can’t afford a hot tub? Buying a refurbished tub is less expensive and offers many of the benefits of a new appliance.
What is a refurbished hot tub?
Refurbished hot tubs are second-hand tubs that have been repaired, restored and enhanced, usually by a hot tub dealer. Any parts that were no longer working are replaced with new parts. These spas are then sold at a much lower price than a brand-new hot tub. They often come with a limited parts and labour warranty.
The pros of a refurbished hot tub:
There are some distinct advantages to purchasing a refurbished spa:
- You save thousands of dollars
- You may find a unit with no visible wear and tear
- You can splurge on additional accessories for your unit like a cover lifter, a new sound system, spa steps and railings.
- You get a hot tub that encourages you to spend time with family and friends
- You get a spa that is a great support to health and relaxation
The cons of a refurbished hot tub:
There are some possible problems to be aware of when purchasing a refurbished spa:
- A used hot tub may have visible wear and tear
- The life expectancy of a refurbished unit is significantly less than a new version
- Payment terms for used tubs are generally limited
Tips for buying a refurbished hot tub:
- When entertaining the possibility of buying a refurbished spa, there are some things you should do to ensure you get a quality unit.
- Purchase your refurbished tub from a reputable dealer
- Refrain from buying a hot tub that has been empty for an extended period of time as electrical components can corrode or rust and seals can dry out
- Make sure you see the tub in action and listen to it to ensure it’s running smoothly.
- Inspect the tub carefully:.
- Look at the cartridge filter to make sure it’s not torn or worn.
- Check that the thermostat is functioning properly
- Examine the seals for leaks
- Check the condition of the shell and cabinet. looking for scratches, cracks, leaks, discolouration and warping
- Examine the control panel to ensure lights, jets, and entertainment features respond correctly
- Inspect the frame for rot and warping
- Ask if there is a warranty on labour and/or parts
- Ask if delivery and installation are an option
- Avoid purchasing a hot tub that has been stored in freezing conditions
- Where do you get a good-quality refurbished hot tub?
- Are you looking for a hot tub, but not wanting to buy new? Do you want luxury but are not willing to spend so much for it? Hot tub dealers often have quality refurbished hot tubs in stock. These hot tubs are trade-ins, from moving sales and/or from people who have outgrown the use of their tubs. Each tub is inspected, cleaned and restored to full working order. The best way to know if a tub is right for you is to visit the dealer’s showroom. See the tub in action. Inspect it carefully. Ask questions regarding the work that was done and the parts that were repaired. Chances are there is a used hot tub for sale near you that meets your needs and budget.
- Looking for a refurbished hot tub? Contact Calgary-based RnR hot tubs and spas. We assist our clients in finding the perfect hot tub that suits all their needs, whether that be new or used. Call (403) 203-0860 or fill out the contact request. RnR provides comprehensive service, expert knowledge, a wealth of field experience and the best products in the industry to help you maintain your hot tub/swim spa for years of enjoyment. RnR is Alberta’s premier hot tub/swim spa store specializing in the World’s First Steel Framed Spas from American Whirlpool, Vita Spas and MAAX Spas.