Do you find it hard to roll out of bed when the alarm rings? Do you feel sluggish at daybreak? Not everyone is a morning person! You can set yourself up for a great day by being prepared, refreshed and relaxed. Synch your mind, body and spirit together in a way that will add value to your day. How can you do this? Have a 10 to 15-minute soak in your hot tub each morning.
The benefits of a morning soak:
- Start the morning with an enjoyable activity and you’ll want to roll out of bed! A 10 to 15-minute soak on waking will make you feel calm and energized. The heat increases your blood circulation making your heart speed up, loosens muscles and prepares your body for the day’s activities.
- Get a quick morning workout: Your hot tub is a great place to perform morning aquacise or aqua yoga. These low-impact exercises improve strength and flexibility. Utilize the warm water to stretch and work your body without muscle strain.
- Relieve stress: A hot tub is a stress management tool! Soaking in warm water encourages the release of dopamine, a hormone that combats the harmful effects of stress. Morning hot tub use can regulate the nervous system, increasing the body’s relaxation response and decreasing the stress response.
- Mentally prepare for your day: Use your 10 to 15-minute soak to relax and enjoy the silence. Meditate and/or gather your thoughts. Go over your to-do list or organize your schedule. This quiet time can help you focus and perform better throughout the day.
- Get a full body massage by using your hot tub jets each morning or use the jets to focus on a specific tight or sore area. Work long shifts? Focus on your feet. Sit all day? Focus on your back.
- Take advantage of aromatherapy treatments: Your hot tub is the perfect place to use essential oils, allowing you to both inhale and absorb them. You’ll need about 6-10 drops of your favourite oil. Try peppermint to boost productivity, improve focus and increase concentration. Lemon is effective at promoting concentration while orange and grapefruit increase the production of serotonin, a hormone designed to help boost mood. Rosemary will increase blood flow to the brain while basil is naturally energizing and stimulating. Ginger stimulates the mind and reduces tiredness.
- Watch the seasons unfold: Let your senses become attuned to nature’s sounds and sights. Enjoy the glistening snowfall of winter. Listen to the birds sing in spring. Take in a beautiful summer sunrise. Marvel at the transformation of the trees during the fall.
How to use your hot tub in the morning:
- Start slowly: Sit quietly for 5 minutes before turning on the jets. Enjoy the peace of your own backyard.
- Use the jets to awaken your body and invigorate your mind. The resulting massage is a wonderful way to treat yourself and prepare you for anything the day ahead places in your path. Add essential oils to enhance the experience.
- Stretch your limbs to rid yourself of any morning stiffness, get the blood flowing to your muscles and improve flexibility and range of motion in your joints.
- Caffeine Dependent: Take your mug of tea or coffee. A side effect of the water increasing your circulation and heart rate is that caffeine travels to your brain quicker! Caffeine Free: Take a bottle of water and do some deep breathing to speed the hot water’s effects.
Soaking in a hot tub is an enjoyable activity to add to your morning routine, one that is good for your health. Tranquil time in your hot tub can clear your mind, energize your body and prepare you to tackle the stresses of the day. Relax in your private oasis before you check your phone, respond to emails or update your status. Turn yourself into a morning person by soaking in the hot tub each dawn!
Want to start a relaxing morning routine that’s good for your mind, body and spirit? Interested in purchasing a spa? Call Alberta’s premier hot tub store, RnR Hot Tubs at (403) 203-0860 or fill the request form. We are a leader in spa technology and education. We’re a trusted provider in Alberta, ensuring quality, longevity and affordability to all of our customers.