There is something deliciously pleasurable about soaking in a hot tub. You can enjoy nature while easing the day’s stressors. But there are many more benefits to be found in the simple act of immersing yourself in the soothing waters of a hot tub.
- Speeds Healing: Immersion in a hot tub increases blood circulation bringing more nutrients to the cells and helping them regenerate quickly.
- Relief of muscle pain: The increased blood circulation caused by soaking in a hot tub removes pain-causing chemicals that build up in the tissues of our muscles.
- Relief of joint pain: The buoyancy of the water in a hot tub acts as a buffer against the effects of gravity providing relief of joint pain. Stretching while soaking helps reduce discomfort in muscles, joints and bones.
- Injury-free workouts: Exercising in your hot tub (aqua yoga, aquacise) is great! The water supplies resistance resulting in a workout with little chance of injury.
- Lowers blood pressure: The heat of the water and the pressure on your chest increases your lung capacity, improves oxygen intake and reduces blood pressure.
- Promotes a healthier heart: The hot water in your spa induces better blood flow, makes your heart work harder and increases cardiac efficiency.
- Creates stress relief: Soaking in a hot tub is a great way to relax, unwind, rest and de-stress. The jets help alleviate the tension that daily life can build up in your neck, shoulders and back. Regular hot tub use can regulate the nervous system, increasing the body’s relaxation response and decreasing the stress response.
- Improves mental health: Soaking in a hot tub provides quiet and comfort, allowing your body and mind to relax and diminishing feelings of depression and pessimism. Warm water increases levels of serotonin, the happy hormone.
- Lowers your blood sugar: A brief soak in hot water after eating has a noticeable effect on blood sugar levels.
- Burns calories: The warm water in a hot tub makes your heart beat faster, burning as many calories as taking a walk.
- Relieves cold and flu symptoms: Steam from the hot tub is great for relieving stuffy noses, coughs, inflamed nasal passages and mucus blockages. Plus, elevating your body temperature boosts your immune system.
- Improves your lungs: The heat of the water and the pressure it places on your chest can improve your lung capacity and oxygen intake.
- Soothes irritated skin: Add a few drops of a soothing essential oil (lavender, tea tree, peppermint, rosehip) to your hot tub and you can hydrate and heal dry or irritated skin.
- Wakes you up: A 10 to 15-minute soak on rising will make you feel calm and energized.
- Faster muscle recovery: Soaking in a hot tub is a great way to soothe aching muscles at the end of a long day or after a vigorous workout. The increased circulation speeds muscle recovery.
- Get better sleep: Study results suggest that immersion in hot water before bedtime enhances the quality of sleep. It facilitates the transition into a deeper sleep by reducing tension and stress, helping you sleep deeper and feel better when you wake.
- Stronger relationships: Our hectic schedules can make it difficult to find time to devote to the ones we love. Spending time with loved ones in your hot tub is a great way to strengthen your relationships as it removes you from distractions and opens the door to conversation.
- Reduces toxicity: The heat of your spa causes your body temperature to increase, blood vessels to dilate, circulation to improve and oxygenation of tissues to rise. Your pores then release moisture which carries away toxins.
Immersing your body in a hot tub helps you feel your best inside and out. A spa can increase your range of motion, ease arthritis pain, improve joint flexibility, relieve muscle pain, decrease inflammation, reduce toxicity, improve sleep, speed recovery, lower blood pressure and improve your mental health. Experience the transformative power of hot water immersion for yourself. Put a hot tub in your backyard!
Want to improve your overall wellness? Wish to experience the many benefits of soaking in a hot tub? Call Alberta’s premier hot tub store, RnR Hot Tubs at (403) 203-0860 or fill the request form. We are a leader in spa technology and education and a trusted provider of superior spas, ensuring quality, longevity and affordability to all of our customers. Our in-house experts can help you find the perfect spa to meet your needs.